Agape School of Education
The World Speaks IELTS. Agape does too!
At Agape School of Language, We also Speak “IELTS”!
At Agape School of Language, We also Speak “IELTS”!
At Agape School of Language – we offer IELTS programs for all students and adults desirous of advancing their career and prospects to the international marketplace.
IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is a secure, valid and reliable indicator of true-to-life ability to communicate in English for education, immigration and professional accreditation.
Without passing the IELTS examination, one can be limited in several ways and this is why we are the best study center to get the requisite training and also get the required IELTS score you need.
IELTS is widely acknowledged for entry into learning institutions for courses piloted in English. Our short preparatory program is expressly aimed to help participants comprehend and perform their best in this key examination.
Our streamlined course is tailored for people who:
- plan to take IELTS exams in the near future
- desire to practice some of the skills and procedures to succeed in the exam
- require to study, live or work in a state where English is mandatory
IELTS is a general program and is the world’s proven standardized test for English language proficiency. It tests all four language skills – reading, writing, listening and speaking. It is designed to reflect real life use of English and the more prepared you are, the easier it will be.
Unlike other tests, IELTS examines your English conversation skills through a face-to-face speaking test. This means that you are assessed through a real-life conversation with a real person. This is the most effective and natural way of testing your English conversational skills.
Our IELTS course covers:
- the examination papers and requirements
- methods and skills for the 4 examination essentials
- practice activities for reading, writing, listening and speaking
- examination guidelines
Access to Our Multi-Media Training
In addition to general lessons, students will have entrée to our multimedia training facility. With this platform, you can conveniently study, as you desire in your own time with Agape School of Education multi-media English program & outline. This is fully designed to help build effective listening and speaking skills and development of grammar and vocabulary.
This course is designed to prepare students, adults for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). This diploma measures the ability of non-native speakers of English to use and understand British English.
It is designed to assess the language ability of candidates for those planning to gain work experience, immigration purposes or to study in countries where English is the language of communication, countries like the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore.
Like ￼the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, the IELTS covers all ￼four language skills: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking and is offered in two test ￼formats depending on the organization you are applying to and your plans for the future: academic or general training.
You will access to a huge range of test preparation resources and services.
The material for the course is taken from textbooks, Newspapers, past year papers, internet.
Real English teachers, native with international exposure, who have helped many students improve their IELTS test scores and achieve a high band score.
Learn the IELTS traps and techniques from our teachers who can help YOU.
There are 2 kind of exams you can choose, where everybody takes the same listening and speaking modules, but different reading and writing modules:
- General training, for those going to secondary education, working or training programmes.
- Academic, to study higher and further education.The structure of the exam is very well organised. There are 4 parts and each part has to be done in a specific time:
- Listening: 30 minutes. Normally, you listen to a conversation and have some questions to answer about it. You also have to state if some given statements are true or false. Pretty much, all you need for that part is good listening skills, while trying to understand what two or more persons are talking about and get the main points of their conversation.
- Reading: 60 minutes. You get to read a series of three texts and you have to answer 40 questions. It’s all about scanning the headers and the text efficiently in order to save time to answer all of the questions thoroughly.
- Writing: 60 minutes. You will get a topic, which can be different kinds of texts, such as a formal letter, an article, etc. You will have to develop a text expressing your thoughts using appropriate sentences and vocabulary.
- Speaking: 11-14 minutes. This test is done person-to-person. An examiner will start asking you basic questions as a warm up and will continue asking about your opinion in any field, in order to discuss with you. Besides using good arguments, it is important to structure them in a convincing way, while using appropriate vocabulary.These parts are taken one after the other and without breaks, except for the speaking part. Depending on the scheduling, it can be done even on a different day from your examination. Always remember to bring your exam number (that you will get once you apply) and your ID!
The first 3 skills are tested without breaks which make IELTS the longest test without breaks (180 minutes).
Each of the 4 skills is scored on a scale of 1-9 and the overall IELTS score is also on a scale of 1-9.
The total testing time is 2 hours 45 minutes.
Our focus and approach is completely exam centered and students will be involved in discussion and interactive sessions with several individual real-time practices.
Agape School of Language provides all required IELTS Course Materials required in helping students pass the exam in one sitting.
Once you pass the IELTS program, you will be accepted by most English-speaking academic institutions and numerous professional establishments around the globe and is also a ticket for immigration to certain nations of the world.
The IELTS program is designed for you if you want to achieve a score of 6.5 – 7.0 or higher in the Writing module of the exam. We are aware that most folks aim to get at least 6.5, in order to study at a College, to work overseas, for visa procurement or to have proof of excellent level of English communication. This program aims to take your knowledge in English to this level, based on Agape School of Education several years of successfully training students for the IELTS exam.
|Course Type||Level||Class||Course Duration|
|Prime class||From ASE intermediate 3||1||18 hours (flexible)|
|Focus Group||From ASE intermediate 3||2 – 3||36 hours|
|Group class||From ASE intermediate 3||4 – 5||45 hours|
|For the timing and the course fee, please check our course schedule @: http://agapeschool.edu.sg/course-schedule/|
Or call the School @: 6222 2331
An assessment test will be conducted before confirmation of level
18 hours spread over 9 weeks.
Those who score well will be given an official score report valid for 2 years
Who accepts IELTS?
It is accepted by over 8000 institutions worldwide including universities, employers, immigration authorities and professional bodies worldwide.
|1&2||READING 1/LISTENING 2|
|9 & 10||WRITING 1/SPEAKING 2|
|11 & 12||WRITING/SPEAKING|
|13 & 14||WRITING/SPEAKING|
|15 & 16||WRITING/SPEAKING|
|17||Mock test (3hrs)|
Basic english syllabus:
|Session (2hrs)||Topics covered (with worksheets in class)|
|1||Introduction Parts of Speech Noun: Its Kind, Its Gender, Its Number Sentence Structure Pronoun: Its Case|
|2||Adjective: Degrees of Comparison Articles: A, An, The|
|3||Verbs: Regular & Irregular Helping Verbs – Be Verbs, Do- verbs, Have- verbs, Modals|
|5||Tenses- Present/ Past/Future|
|6||Speech- Direct and Indirect|
|7||Voice – Active and Passive|
|8||Conditionals Gerunds and Infinitives|
|9 & 10||Paragraph writing/ Developing the hints|
|11 & 12||Letter writing – formal|
|13 & 14||Letter writing – Informal|
|15 & 16||Mock test ( Grammar) Mock Test (Letter writing)|